||Delivery & Returns
||Payment & Security
This is a replacement thermostatic cartridge for Crosswater CP0000250 (or the older Crosswater GP0000250 model).
Flow cartridge counterpart to the CP0000250 can be found at bottom of page with savings if bought together with CP0000250.
We dispatch this cartridge the same working day if ordered before 4pm. We deliver worldwide.
This cartridge fits into the mixer valve by screwing it in. When removing this cartridge, you might find it difficult finding a spanner which will fit. First, unscrew the chrome casting. Next, use a 22mm box key to unscrew the cartridge. A box screw will give a neat fit, which is important as it's important to take not take the edges of the spline of the cartridge.
The cartridge is usually used in shower mixer models where there is a red override button.
The CP0000250 is the new replacement for the older GP0000250 thermostatic cartridge. The new CP0000250 may look a little different to the old GP0000250 but these are actually interchangeable. Therefore if you have a GP0000250, you can use the CP0000250 as a shower cartridge replacement.
The CP0000250 shower cartridge is used on the following shower mixer valve (but is not restricted to these):
- Bath Store Quatra
- Bath Store thermostatic valve GX1000RC
- Crosswater Metro Vertical 3 Valve
- KU1000SQC or KU2000SQC
- Design Thermo Valve 3 Way
- Crosswater Bathstore Metro KL2001RC
- Kusasi signia 3/4 deck valve pair W0003310
- Crosswater Bathstore Metro KL2000RC
- Bathstore Metro Horizontal 3 hole valve/filler KU2001C / 20004010220
- Bath Store Quatra Horizontal 3-Hole Shower Valve
- Crosswater GP0000250 / CROSS-GP0000250
- Crosswater Kusasi 3 Kai Valve
- MC2000RC, MC2001RC Shower Valves
- Bathstore Crosswater 2000 and 2001 series
Technical Information: CP0000250 Thermostatic Cartridge
- The small top spline on the thermostatic shower cartridge (which the thermostatic handle is connected to) has 20 teeth. The larger spline which is further down the cartridge has 45 teeth. Please see the technical diagram for more detailed information.
- Total Length: 111mm
- Width at Widest Point: 46.1mm
- Width of body at Bottom: 41.2mm
- Number of Filters: 2
- Material: Brass
- Colour: Chrome Finish
We provide numerous Crosswater spare parts in stock.
- Send us a message if you need assistance in determining the correct Crosswater spare part for your shower.
Frequently Asked Question: Crosswater Thermostatic Shower Cartridge CP0000250
Q: Crosswater shower is only producing warm water. Is the thermostatic cartridge the problem?
A: Please ensure that the shower is receiving hot water. If it is and the water coming out of the shower is still only tepid, then the problem will be the Crosswater thermostatic cartridge CP0000250.
Q: I have just installed a brand new combination boiler (which replaced a gravity fed conventional boiler). Now I am having trouble controlling the water temperature, where even if I turn the temperature dial to its coldest setting, still only hot water comes out of the shower. What is the problem?
A: If there is both hot and cold feeds to the shower mixing valve, which are feeding both cold and hot respectively, the problem will either be a pressure issue or a thermostatic shower cartridge issue. The shower valve will need a relatively equal pressure between the hot and the cold so first check the water pressure. You can adjust this on the combi boiler or install a pressure equalizing valve. If the pressure is equal then the problem will likely be the thermostatic cartridge and replacing it should fix the problem.
Q: I have a pressure reducing valve, a condensing boiler with 3.5 bar pressure from the cold and 1.5 bar on the hot. The water is only coming out scalding hot. What is the problem?
A: In this scenario, it sounds like the thermostatic cartridge is faulty.
Q: How do I remove the thermostatic cartridge?
A: Firstly remove the shower handle which is connected to the thermostatic cartridge. Then remove the fixing plate, then use a 22mm box screw to unscrew the shower cartridge, anti-clockwise.
Simple Safety Guidelines in Replacing a Crosswater Thermostatic Shower Cartridge CP0000250
Standard shower cartridges made for showers can have a lifespan ranging from a year to twenty years. Apart from normal wear and tear, its functional lifespan can decrease due to the level of hard water, uneven water pressure from a homeâ€™s plumbing system, dilapidated o-rings, or a faulty wax thermostat element or a failed CP0000250 thermostatic cartridge.
Before making an effort to change a Crosswater valveâ€™s CP0000250 thermostatic shower cartridge, here are a few things to remember to prevent uncalled-for purchases and unnecessary injuries:
- Take the old shower cartridge out of the valve unit and measure or take a photo of it. You can compare this with the measurements stated above or with the Crosswater CP0000250 shower cartridge photos available in the gallery above. This will ascertain that you will buy the right cartridge that goes with your shower valve. If unsure of the cartridge type, show the photo to your spare part supplier and ask.
- It is important to shut off hot and cold water supplies. Not isolating water supplies can result in burns and shock if by any chance water is delivered through the outlets. Turn the supply off direct from the water meter of isolation valves cannot be located.
- To prevent small parts from unintentionally entering the drain, block the drain with a stopper.
- You can calibrate the CP0000250 shower cartridge to your preferred temperature, usually to a lukewarm 38â„ƒ or 100.4â„‰.
Fast UK Delivery
Delivery of this item is priced as a 'small' packet. UK delivery costs £2.95. For more information about international deliveries, read our delivery page.
Di Vapor holds a large stock of spare parts. For all in-stock spare parts the typical UK delivery timescale is 2-5 working days. If you need a part urgently then we can provide a next-day (delivered Mon-Fri) UK delivery service for all in-stock parts ordered before 4pm, Monday - Friday.Next day delivery is available to select at an additional charge during the checkout.
If you need to return a part then please telephone Di Vapor on 0121 705 0866 with the reasons for the return within 7 working days of receiving the goods. For more information please see our terms and conditions.
Di Vapor accepts the following payments methods: Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, Maestro, American Express, Cheque and BACS.
Di Vapor treats your privacy and security with the utmost importance. The payment systems used by Di Vapor are based on industry standards to ensure all payments are securely handled. In fact, we ensure the Di Vapor website is regularly checked to guarantee compliance to PCI security standards.
Other items you may be interested in: