With the Spring season well and truly under way, you’ll find new and exciting ways to reinvigorate yourself and jump back into action. With weather never a certainty, the post-winter blues can still be affecting some of us. Below is a short-list of the top 10 things you can do this season to put the spring back in your step!
1. Seaweed Bathing – A new trend to hit the UK by storm is seaweed bathing. Available to do in the comfort of your own home from as little as £25.00, get the ultimate detoxifying experience by bathing in vitamin enriched seaweed. Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it – Home kits start from as little as £25.00 from most spa retailers.
2. Wheat grass – Renowned as the ultimate detox ingredient, wheat grass is the key to many of the commercially available detox regimes. Wheat grass boosts the metabolism and energy levels in the body, whilst releasing high levels of vitamins and minerals. Available from most health food stores.
3. “Perricone” Powder – Derived from a combination of berries including theraspberry, blueberry and acai berry, this organic powder offers a potent dose of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Although relatively new in the health world, celebrities are already incorporating it into their personal healthy regimes.
4. Active Abdominal Cleanse – Typically started with a simple foot massage, followed by an algae body wrap & herb poultice finished with an abdominal massage, this treatment is designed to aid muscle tone and break down fat. What better way to start Summer right?
5. Pro biotic Supplements – This season has demonstrated a significant increase in the sales of pro biotic supplements, designed to be taken daily amongst a balanced diet. Proven to increase energy levels and aid in weight loss, it’s worth trying if you haven’t already.
6. Fire & Ice massage – Utilising a treatment of hot and cold stones, the cold stones are designed to constrict blood vessels and stimulate the nervous system, whilst the hot stones work to expand vessels and draw out toxins. Available from most spa treatment places.
7. Digital Detox– This season will see the introduction of the first UK Digital Detox hotel, a trend that has taken the US by storm. Calming spa treatments are paired up with a hotel that’s completely devoid of all gadgets. One for the IT addicts amongst us.
8. Organic Pharmacy Kit – New blends of super vitamins are now becoming the “go-to” supplement when compared to standard multivitamins and tonics. Everything from Detox capsules designed to help your body cleanse to A&B complex supplements to help balance hormones.
9. Botanical Night Complex – Designed to be applied at night, this season has seen the arrival of a detox treatment that works whilst you sleep. Made from a combination of essential oils including chamomile extract, rosemary and sage you can guarantee to feel like a new person each time you wake up!
10. The Sushi Diet – Known for being naturally low in calories, sushi is known as the go to meal for those wanting to eat out whilst on a diet. Taking the Japanese staple to an entirely new level, a company in London is now offering door-to-door sushi for those looking to chow-down whilst on the go. Now there’s really no excuse for you not to eat well all the time!
There’s a few ideas for you to sink your teeth into – Are there any treatments that you swear by during the Spring season? Leave your comments below or follow us on Twitter @healthyhideout !