Here at the Healthy Hideout, we understand that selling your home is a stressful time. You want the entire process to be over quickly whilst having as few hiccups as possible.
But let’s face it – Not all of us were born to sell. Here are the Healthy Hideout’s top 10 funny for sale signs along with some useful advice:
1. Make an effort – Remember that selling a property often involves a large sum of money exchanging hands. Why not increase your chances by making an effort?
Try and make an effort - It'll increase your selling chances
2. Point out your positives – If you have certain highlights within your property, such as a pool, make sure potential buyers know this.
Got a pool? Perhaps a games room? Make sure your buyers know.
3. Avoid confusion – Be clear with what your selling and at what price. Confusion will just lead to wasted time for both parties.
Be clear with what your selling!
4. Proof read all selling literature – If you’re utilising external advertising mediums to promote your property, be sure to double check all your spelling and grammar before it’s published.
Promoting your property is key - The more people that see it the better.
5. Ensure estate agents are working for their fee – Keep tabs on your chosen estate agent or realtor, making sure they’re doing everything they can to help sell your property.
What exactly am I buying here?
6. Be Honest – When describing your property to potential buyers, it’s important to try and be as honest as possible. You’ll be saving precious time for both you and any interested onlookers.
Honesty is the best policy!
7. Can’t Sell? Explore rental – If you’re having difficulty selling, always explore the option of putting your property up for rent. It’s a great way of keeping your property “lived in” and maintained, whilst providing you with a steady income.
Explore rental if you can't sell.
8. Sign Placement – Although it may seem obvious be sure to place your sign where it can be seen, preferably in front of your property. This saves confusion and maximises potential.
Placing a sign at the front of your property is best!
9. De-clutter your home – When potential buyers are walking around your property, they’ll constantly be visualising themselves living there to see if it truly works for them. Get rid of clutter and sell on items you don’t need. It’s also a great way to raise some extra funds for your move.
A garage sale can raise extra cash!
10. Promote the neighbourhood – Buyers like to know that a neighbourhood is going to be pleasant to live in. If you have friendly neighbours, it may be worth you introducing them to one another for added kudos!
Promote your friendly neighbourhood!