It’s no unknown fact that we all live in a toxic world, surrounded by environmental toxins that can damage our bodies. Vehicle exhausts emitting heavy metals such as arsenic and lead, pesticides used on the food that we eat, and plastic products damaging rivers and soil are just some examples of the toxic dangers around us.
By making a few lifestyle changes, we can minimize the damage these toxins have on our body. There are two main factors you need to remember; The first is to minimize exposure in the first place, and the second is the detoxify your body on a regular basis. Here are the Healthy Hideout’s top five ways to detox your body:
- One great way of minimizing your exposure to the toxins from the start is by keeping your food organic wherever possible. Organic produce is becoming more widely available each day, and is really the only true foundation of starting efficient detoxification.
- Be sure to exercise regularly and vigourously. This helps to increase circulation and perspiration, which help towards the entire process of detoxification.
- Use a sauna regularly – Sweating is one of the bodies most effective natural ways of clearing the body of harmful toxins. Regular use of a sauna on a weekly basis can also have positive effects on your mood and overall wellbeing.
- Water is crucial to detoxification. Ensure that you’re getting what you body needs each and every day. Good hydration and frequent perspiration help to flush your system of toxins.
- Visit the toilet regularly – By doing so you ensure that waste toxins aren’t kept in your body for any longer than they are needed. Keeping well hydrated whilst maintaining a good fibre level will help to keep you regular.
We’ll all be eating a little more this festive season, and there’s little room for saying no to another mince pie. Start your detox today and maintain it as your new years resolution to your body!