Ten Top Home Design Ideas 2013
Here at Di Vapor we take great pride in providing luxurious high quality bathroom products, whilst offering unique and modern design. The Savona has been one of our best selling cabins since it’s introduction into the range 3 years ago, popularity which we credit partly to it’s straight line design.
New top trends have surfaced this year, with 2013 offering unique design inspiration tips along with the revival of some classics that every home should incorporate. You don’t need the flash million pound mansion in order to take the design and feel of your home to the next level.
Here are our top ten home designs ideas for 2013 – Take full advantage of this list and send us some of your project photographs via Twitter @divapor:
- Mirrors – One cannot deny the impact a mirror can have on a room. Take full advantage by incorporating a large mirror into a small space (such as an en suite bathroom) to maximise the effect of natural light.
- Light from Above – Staying with the importance of natural light, using roof lanterns or skylight panels to help introduce vertical light can completely transform the feel of any interior space.
- Electric-Opaque Glass – If you’ve got a private space such as a bathroom adjoining a bedroom, take advantage of the new glazing technology to really set your space apart. You can’t beat the exclusive feel that comes with this intelligent glass!
- Scandinavian Style – Incorporate the straight lines and natural wood tones in your home with white washed timber on floors, walls and ceilings. Nothing promotes calmness better than Scandinavian Style!
- Cool Concrete – Concrete has been recreated and branded in countless modern renovations, losing the image of being a clinical & cold material. Polished concrete used as flooring provides a finish that’s quite hard to beat.
- Luxury Bathroom – When deciding on what rooms will be used for what purpose, try to allow more space for the main bathroom. This gives you a chance to create your very own home spa sanctuary.
- Shower Screen – Fitting a floor to ceiling fixed shower screen is the ultimate way to achieve shower chic luxury without spending a fortune. It also removes the need for a step up shower tray, seamlessly integrating your shower space.
- Sun room - Take advantage of natures light source by creating a dedicated sun room integrated as part of your home, rather than the “bolt on” option of “conservatory” territory.
- Open Plan – Whilst it isn’t to everyone’s tastes, the idea of open plan design can create an unrivalled sense of freedom in a home. Dedicate certain areas as zones to ensure that your design works seamlessly.
- Utilise Wood – Wood doesn’t have to be limited just to flooring – Introducing wood in other areas of your design can add style and elegance to any room. Baths, sinks, walls, worktops and wall panelling are just a few ideas.