If you’re planning an upcoming home renovation project such as a bathroom or kitchen, you’ll quickly realise that funds disappear when not managed properly. Budgeting your project down to the last “nut & bolt” can be a menial task, but this attention to detail can save you headaches in the long term.
In addition, sourcing financial support from a number of widely available options can help spread the cost of your project, allowing you concentrate on the finish rather than the finance. Here are 5 top ways of making your project more affordable:
A Home Improvement Loan
Many people turn to a home improvement loan when it comes to financing a renovation, with many banks offering competitive products that are quick and easy to apply for. They work in the same way a personal loan would, with different banks offering different deals depending on your circumstances. As with anything, shop around for the best possible interest rates as they can vary from 5% – 8% depending on your credit rating. Providing you tick all the boxes, you’ll get the money straight away so your project can be finished quickly and efficiently.
With an abundance of suppliers in the marketplace, competition has never been stronger. Many retailers now offer their own versions of finance deals to help make your dream kitchen or bathroom become a reality quicker than you’d expect. The interest rates are often very low making retailer finance an affordable option for anyone, with some of the larger retailers offering 0% finance on complete supply & fit options.
Many of us would instantly turn our noses up at credit cards, branded with the image of high interest rates and unrealistic minimum payment options. However, credit card companies have changed their methods in a fast track way to attract new customers, offering 0% interest on purchases for those with strong credit ratings. Be sure to pay off your amount within the grace period (or switch it to another card) as you may face interest rates of up to 25%.
Using your mortgage
The previously mentioned options are all quick and easy ways of getting your project started, but some people now are utilising low interest rates as a way of paying for large projects. By re-mortgaging your home to suit a better finance deal, you’ll often find yourself with a larger source of funds to work with. This isn’t a quick option however as the entire process can take time, not to mention potential fees which can be upwards of £500.00.
Plan & Save
At the risk of not confiding with the ways of modern society, you could always plan your project well in advance, using good old fashioned saving to gather the necessary funds. It’s the way it’s been done for many years before the dawn of credit! Put away a little each month for a set period of time to pay for your renovation, leaving no trail of credit repayments when you settle down to your first hot soak in your new bathroom. There is no better feeling!
As the summer draws to close and the UK prepares for Autumn, Winter is just round the corner. There really is no better time to invest in the rewarding warmth that a steam session can provide, courtesy of your very own steam shower cabin.
With discounts across the entire range, take advantage of our deposit booking system to reserve that cabin you’ve had an eye on all summer! Head on over to http://www.divapor.com to see the sale in full, request a copy of our free brochure or call us directly on 08454 650 800.
Here at Di Vapor we take great pride in providing luxurious high quality bathroom products, whilst offering unique and modern design. The Savona has been one of our best selling cabins since it’s introduction into the range 3 years ago, popularity which we credit partly to it’s straight line design.
New top trends have surfaced this year, with 2013 offering unique design inspiration tips along with the revival of some classics that every home should incorporate. You don’t need the flash million pound mansion in order to take the design and feel of your home to the next level.
Here are our top ten home designs ideas for 2013 – Take full advantage of this list and send us some of your project photographs via Twitter @divapor:
- Mirrors – One cannot deny the impact a mirror can have on a room. Take full advantage by incorporating a large mirror into a small space (such as an en suite bathroom) to maximise the effect of natural light.
- Light from Above – Staying with the importance of natural light, using roof lanterns or skylight panels to help introduce vertical light can completely transform the feel of any interior space.
- Electric-Opaque Glass – If you’ve got a private space such as a bathroom adjoining a bedroom, take advantage of the new glazing technology to really set your space apart. You can’t beat the exclusive feel that comes with this intelligent glass!
- Scandinavian Style – Incorporate the straight lines and natural wood tones in your home with white washed timber on floors, walls and ceilings. Nothing promotes calmness better than Scandinavian Style!
- Cool Concrete – Concrete has been recreated and branded in countless modern renovations, losing the image of being a clinical & cold material. Polished concrete used as flooring provides a finish that’s quite hard to beat.
- Luxury Bathroom – When deciding on what rooms will be used for what purpose, try to allow more space for the main bathroom. This gives you a chance to create your very own home spa sanctuary.
- Shower Screen – Fitting a floor to ceiling fixed shower screen is the ultimate way to achieve shower chic luxury without spending a fortune. It also removes the need for a step up shower tray, seamlessly integrating your shower space.
- Sun room - Take advantage of natures light source by creating a dedicated sun room integrated as part of your home, rather than the “bolt on” option of “conservatory” territory.
- Open Plan – Whilst it isn’t to everyone’s tastes, the idea of open plan design can create an unrivalled sense of freedom in a home. Dedicate certain areas as zones to ensure that your design works seamlessly.
- Utilise Wood – Wood doesn’t have to be limited just to flooring – Introducing wood in other areas of your design can add style and elegance to any room. Baths, sinks, walls, worktops and wall panelling are just a few ideas.
Maintaining a healthy diet is just as important as exercise when it comes to practicing a healthy lifestyle. Many of us are looking at new ways of introducing healthy super foods into our diets, but as our days become busier and schedules become booked up, it’s easy to pick up the wrong kind of snack foods. Say no to doughnuts and crisps and grab yourself a handful of powerful punchy Pumpkin seeds.
Not only are they deliciously more-ish, they’re easy to transport around with you during a busy working day, whilst being widely available in ready to eat packaging. Be wary that they are high in calorific content, so moderation is the key (as is the case with everything). Here are the top 4 pumpkin seed benefits which demonstrate why the pumpkin is the pumpking!
Help control stress
The naturally high level of L-trytophan found in pumpkin seeds have been shown to calm the nerves and maintain a “calm mood”. Ease your stress levels by munching on a handful of the “pumpking” seeds and taking a 5 minute break from your desk!
Pumpkin seeds contain a high level of vitamin E, preventing the early breakdown of skin cells. This helps to maintain a youthful looking glow whilst combating high levels of UV found in the sun. Perfect accompaniment for those in a warmer climate.
Packed with phytosterol, which help to reduce cholesterol levels, toasted seeds contain healthy compounds that help to reduce LDL cholesterol levels. This increases your immune response whilst helping to decrease the risk of certain cancers.
They fill you up!
Packed with high levels of protein and fibre, the pumpkin seed is great snack to turn to for a quick fill me up. There’s nothing quite as satisfying as a handful of toasted pumpkin seeds, seasoned with a dash of salt!
A new campaign being launched for Water Aid 2013 has been brought to our attention in the form of a neat new video shown below!
WaterAid, one of Glastonbury Festival’s official charities, is asking everyone to sign a petition in order to pressure world leaders into making sure that everyone everywhere has safe water and sanitation by 2030. As quoted from marketing agency the 7th Chamber:
This film will be shown on the screens at Glastonbury and in the run up to the festival we are trying to get as many people talking about the petition as we can!
Its a pretty fun dance off video!
Be sure to check out the video and show your support or visit https://www.wateraid.org to donate today! If the video is not working correctly, then watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKocrUxW0vI
As the peak of summer fast approaches, it’s been a mixed bag when it comes to weather. In true British fashion we’ve seen a block of sunny summer BBQ style weather immediately followed by a douse of grey rain clouds. However, this hasn’t stopped many of you from distracting yourselves with complete home improvement plans – everything from bathroom renovations to complete makeovers.
The recent announcement of the Milan steam shower provided Di Vapor with positive results – An all glass rectangular cabin with “never seen before” stone resin tray and top piece. A class act all the way, especially for those looking for something larger than a standard 900 x 900 corner quadrant. For more information this cabin and how to pre-order, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
The arrival of new stock has prompted one of our most popular events – a stock sale. With an abundance of new stock, we make it easier for you to say “yes!” by offering significant discounts on various products in the range. Save up to £500.00 on particular models with sizes to suit all spaces and sizes. If you’re looking for a solution to finish your second bathroom or en-suite, take a look at what the Garda has to offer. Standing at 900 x 900 with complete glass construction throughout, 2 shower heads, removable bench seating and FM radio – it’s easy to see why this cabin is one of our best sellers.
For more information on products, detailed buyers guides, downloadable information and further details head on over to http://www.divapor.com today – a world of luxury awaits!
Get in touch via Twitter @divapor or visit our newly revamped Facebook page!